Podcast #293 – My interesting experiences returning to the US
In this episode I talk about my experience returning to the US for 3 weeks from Mexico. There are some interesting observations about how I’ve had to learn to adapt to the US way of doing things and not doing things I just don’t want to do.
This should be a fairly short but interesting episode. I’m recording this on Thursday October 20thth. This last week was absolutely jam-packed with getting things done before my wife left for Nacogdoches, Texas to visit family and catch the car. She left on Thursday and will be back on Sunday and I will be carefree for that time.
I have a lot of things to do.
- Have the car inspected and re-register
- Sell the car as we can no longer keep the car in Mexico
- Have my hearing checked
- Have your teeth cleaned and your gums checked by a periodontist
- Get our COVID booster shots that are not available in Mexico
- Buy a new MacBook Air and transfer the data from my old 2015 model
- Order other electronics like a new webcam easier to source while I’m back in Austin
- Buying a new iPhone for my wife and switching iPhones between our different accounts
- Visit my financial advisor and find out where to get cash to buy a new car in Mexico
- Get an apostille version of my marriage certificate
- Visit with my website developer
- Reconnect with various organizations and friends including the Metropolitan Breakfast Club
- Get a bike tire and touch up paint I can’t get it in Mexico
- Come back to vote
This episode is sponsored by Career Pivot. Visit the Career Pivot Community and be sure to check out my latest book, Reshape Your Career: A Practical Guide for the 2nd Half of Life Third edition.
Now for the podcast…
Download Link | Apple Podcasts | Stitcher Radio | Google Podcast | Pod bean | TuneIn | Cloudy | Pandora | Amazon Music | youtube
Sites Mentioned in the Podcast:
Here’s how to find out more about the podcast and subscribe to it
Be sure to visit the Career Pivot Community.
You can contact us here.
Marc invites you to connect with him on LinkedIn.com/in/mrmiller. Simply indicate in the connection request that you are listening to this podcast.
You can search for Career Pivot on Facebook, or LinkedIn @CareerPivot on Twitter.
You can get updates on this podcast by clicking the Get Career Pivot Insights button below.
You can also subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Podbean, Overcast, Spotify and Pandora.
The podcast is available on YouTube.
Please consider writing a review on Apple Podcast or on Podchaser.com.
Do you like what you read? Get career pivot insights
Need help with…
Visit our help center where you have access to 14 different content portals.